There are 8 weeks until Christmas. Are you starting to organise what you will be doing or eating? FOGL have kicked off their Christmas raffle. Tickets can be purchased from the library and are priced at $2 each or 3 for $5. Prizes include $200 IGA voucher, $200 voucher for Grenfell Butcher and $100 to be spent at any other Weddin Shire business. You must be in it to win.
Have you checked out the new DVD Binge collection?
The DVD Binge collection are three title box sets including Alfred Hitchcock, John Candy, Robin Williams, Errol Flynn, Kirk Douglas, Westerns, Thrillers, Mysteries, Musicals, Disney, and many more. Loans will be one box set per card for 14 days.
Free online Author Talks
Thanks to the NSW Public Libraries Association and the coordinating committee made up of various librarians across the state we now have access to free online author talks. Bookings are required via the link on the event listing on the library Facebook page.
The upcoming events booked in so far are:
- Garth Nix on Tuesday 3 November
- Lauren Chater on Thursday 12 November
- Fight for Planet A by Craig Reucassel on Monday 16 November
- General Sir Peter Cosgrove on Monday 30 November
- and Mary Li on Thursday 10 December.
Reminder that events are free, but you must book in prior to the event to guarantee a spot.
1,000 Books before School
To the 1,000 books families who have registered. I am preparing for a presentation ceremony for those who have completed milestones since our last ceremony back in February.
If you have completed your reading log please drop them into the library to ensure that your child receives their certificate(s).
So, lock in Saturday 21 November at 10am.
For those who haven't registered their child it is never too late especially if they are attending the Grenfell Pre-School and Long Day Care Centre, the books read will count towards the 1,000-book total.
Storytime will not be returning for a while, but you have free access to Story Box
Use it as a bedtime tale, a facilitator for discussion in the classroom, a complement to library Storytime, or a read aloud model - the choice is yours. No matter what the reason for your visit to Story Box Library, we help children journey to that most uniquely precious place, the wilds of their own imagination.
Our stories have been selected with children of pre-school and primary age in mind. Stories have been broken down into the following categories:
- Pre-school (3 - 5 years);
- Lower Primary (5 - 7 years);
- Middle Primary (8 - 10 years) and
- Upper Primary (10 - 12 years).
Access is available using your library membership via https://grenfellpubliclibrary.org.au/elibrary/
Are you looking for something different to read and are struggling to get into the library?
Why not try out indyreads™.
indyreads™ provides access to a statewide collection of independent Australian and international titles, classic literature, and modern award-winning titles in eBook and eAudio format thanks to the State Library of NSW.
Access is free as part of your membership.
Further details are available https://grenfellpubliclibrary.org.au/indyreads/
New DVD titles now available
- Shadowhunters season three part B,
- Stardog and Turbocat,
- The Good Place season 4,
- Beecham House,
- The Postcard Killings,
- We Have Always Lived in the Castle,
- Anna Karenina,
- Dark Waters,
- Bad Education,
- Love Sarah,
- You Should Have Left,
- A Dark Place,
- Arthur and Merlin: Knights of Camelot,
- Satanic Panic and
New Kids titles now available
- Moon Adventure,
- The Tomorrow Book by Jackie French,
- Keeper of the Lost Cities: Flashback and Legacy by Shannon Messenger,
- The Other Side of the Sky by Amie Kaufman,
- The Lost Book of the White by Cassandra Clare,
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer,
- Sherlock Bones and the Sea-creature Feature by Renee Treml,
- Funny Kid: Belly Flop by Matt Stanton and
- Squidge Dibley Destroys Everything by Mick Elliott.
New Magazine titles now available
- Science Illustrated,
- Australian Home Beautiful,
- Small Farms,
- AWW Food,
- Real living,
- Australian Woodsmith,
- National Geographic Kids,
- Gardening Australia,
- Better Homes and Gardens,
- 4x4 Australia,
- Country Style,
- Traces and
- Double Helix.
New nonfiction titles now available
- Too Much and Never Enough by Mary L Trump,
- Bush School by Peter O'Brien,
- How I Clawed my Way to the Middle by John Wood,
- The Details on Love, Death and Reading by Tegan Bennett Daylight,
- Paul Kelly by Stuart Coupe,
- Staying Alive by Kate Gregorevic,
- Worry-Proofing Your Anxious Child by Bev Aisbett,
- The Topsy Turvy World of Gilbert and Sullivan by Keith Dockray,
- Brother and Sister by Diane Keaton and
- The Diggers of Colditz by Jack Champ.