The latest meeting of the Weddin Wellness Network Action Plan was held on Thursday April 15, 2021 to review the priorities of the Action Plan and the Western NSW Local Health District's Grenfell Clinical Services Plan (CSP).
Weddin Shire Council General Manager Glen Carrol said the Weddin Wellness Network Action Plan is a dynamic document that sets out the delivery activities required to achieve the agreed highest priority outcomes for the Weddin community, informed by the Weddin Wellness Plan.
"The Action Plan looks to link a wide variety of Wellness-related outcomes underpinned by training up local people into qualified roles to support aged and disability care, providing skills to deliver services in the community," Mr Carroll said.
According to Mr Carroll the Plan has the scope to meet a variety of needs including:
- Disadvantaged supported accommodation - Grenfell Senior Citizens
- High Care as identified in the Clinical Services Plan - NSW Health
- In-home support for NDIS and Home Care Packages
- Exploration of private sector Residential Aged Care and related support
- Council and community advocacy to secure resources
- Ensuring smart use of technology and collaboration to deliver integrated wellness services