* The first VB Commodore was launched in 1978.
* There have 16 models over the past 42 years, the last being the ZB.
* The Commodore was Australia's best selling car for 15 straight years to 2010.
* It won 16 Australian Touring Car (Super Car) championships and 26 Bathurst titles.
* More than three million Commodores have been sold since its launch.
* It was produced in Australia at the Elizabeth assembly plant in Adelaide until the end of local manufacturing in 2017.
* This year Commodore sales have fallen by more than 37 per cent to just 5417 to the end of November.
Australian Associated Press