The historic City of Adelaide clipper ship has been moved to a new and permanent berth in the city's Outer Harbour.
The ship, which is little more than a hull, is thought to be the oldest remaining of its kind in the world.
It is also the only surviving sailing ship to have brought migrants from Europe to Australia.
On Friday it made a short trip on a barge from its temporary dock to a new home, after those involved in its recovery and restoration successfully lobbied the state government.
The City of Adelaide has strong links to South Australia, having brought thousands of settlers and their supplies to the new colony in the 19th century, each time returning cargo to England, including copper from local mines.
It made 23 trips between 1864 and 1887.
The clipper's sailing days ended in 1893, but it continued to serve as a training ship and a floating hospital at one stage before it sank in Glasgow dock in 1990.
It was later raised and moved to the banks of the River Irvine but was long considered unable to be recovered before an Adelaide group stepped in with a plan to bring it to SA.
It made the journey to Adelaide in 2014, fixed to a cargo ship by a steel cradle designed to protect the fragile timbers.
Since then, a team of volunteers has worked to clean out and repair the hull, relying on donations, sponsorship, paid guided tours and merchandise sales to fund the ongoing restoration.
Australian Associated Press