Ok we are now into the second week of the school holidays and the kids are saying I'm bored. Well here at the library we have the final session of Steam Activity - Cars. For kids aged 5 and over. Bookings required. 3 - 4pm and on Sunday, October 13 a movie marathon showing all three Back to the future movies. All other Steam sessions are booked out.
Next Tuesday, October 15 I will be launching a new reading program for kids aged 0 to 5. The program encourages early-childhood literacy and introduces young children to the world of reading. You can register your child at any time during the year with certificate presentations four times a year to mark each target reached. The program completes for each child the week before they start kindergarten at big school.
each target reached. The program completes for each child the week before they start kindergarten at big school.
New Magazine Titles
Small farms, Marie Claire, National Geographic Kids, Country Style, Science Illustrated, NSW Fishing and boating, Organic Gardener, Grass roots and RM Williams Outback.
New Kids Titles
Toffle towers: fully booked by Tim Harris, The Peski kids: stuck in the mud by RA Spratt, Tom Gates: Mega make and do and stories too by Liz Pichon, Real pigeons splash back by Andrew McDonald, Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy by Rey Terciero, Daddy and me by Tiya Hall, A dinosaur ate Dad's hair by Trent Roberts, How not to annoy Dad by Dave Hughes, John Williamson's My Dad snores, Fart monster and me: the crash landing and the new school by Tim Miller, Knight in training: combat at the castle and Spots, stripes and zigzags by Vivian French, Ginger Meggs, Greta Zargo and the amoeba monsters from the middle of the Earth and Greta Zargo and the death robots from outer space by AF Harrold, History mysteries: Lasseter's gold by Mark Greenwood, Zombie goes to camp; Zombie's excellent adventure and Zombie's birthday apocalypse by Zack Zombie, Puppy diary: the great toy rescue by Yvette Poshoglian, Diary of a wimpy kid: the meltdown by Jeff Kinney, Wings of fire: the brightest night by Tui T Sutherland, The land of stories: worlds collide by Chris Colfer and Dog man for whom the ball rolls by Dav Pilkey.
New Fiction Titles
The book shop on the shore by Jenny Colgan, Lapse by Sarah Thornton, lady in the lake by Laura Lippman, The garden of lost and found by Harriet Evans, somewhere close to happy by Lia Louis, What she saw last night by MJ Cross, The testaments by Margaret Atwood, The Shelly Bay ladies swimming circle by Sophie Green, Labyrinth by Catherine Coulter, Ghosts of the past by Tony Park, The blue rose by Kate Forsyth, Taking Tom Murray home by Tim See, Meet me in Venice by Barbara Hannay and The first lie by AJ Park.
- Wednesday, October 9 Steam Activity - Planes. For kids aged 5 and over. Bookings required. 11am - 12 midday.
- Friday, October 11 Steam Activity - Planes. For kids aged 5 and over. Bookings required. 11am - 12 midday.
- Friday, October 11 Steam Activity - Cars. For kids aged 5 and over. Bookings required. 3 - 4pm
- Sunday, October 13 Movie Marathon - Back to the future. Free Doors open for part 1 at 10.45am for a 11am start, part 2 at 1.45pm for a 2pm start and part 3 - 4.15pm for a 4.30pm start. Final movie will finish by 6.30pm. FOGL will be hosting the candy bar. Bookings can be made for your seats.
- Wednesday, October 16 Preschool Storytime 10.30am. Everyone is welcome to attend for stories and craft.
- Friday, October 18 Preschool Storytime 10.30am. Everyone is welcome to attend for stories and craft.
- Friday, October 18 FOGL street stall outside IGA from 9am.