Local Monger St home gutted by fire

A shocking house fire has completely gutted a Grenfell home this morning in what police describe as a lucky escape for the occupant.

The family home in Monger Street was ignited in the early hours of this morning at approximately 3.00am.

The female occupant was awoken by a smoke alarm and was forced to crawl herself to safety, thankfully there are no injuries as a result.

The female occupant was home alone while her husband was out of town when an electric heater caught fire to a blanket in the rear of the property sending the majority of the house up in flames.

The family home in Monger St was completely gutted by fire.

The family home in Monger St was completely gutted by fire.

Police will conduct their initial investigations but have stated that there are no suspicious circumstances and will file a report.

Grenfell Sargent, Michael Madgwick, said “It goes to show people the importance of smoke alarms and how they do save lives, it was a lucky escape for this occupant and had there not been a working smoke alarm installed we could have been faced with a tragic outcome”

The family home in Monger St was completely gutted by fire.

The family home in Monger St was completely gutted by fire.

The family home in Monger St was completely gutted by fire.

The family home in Monger St was completely gutted by fire.

The family home in Monger St was completely gutted by fire.

The family home in Monger St was completely gutted by fire.

The family home in Monger St was completely gutted by fire.

The family home in Monger St was completely gutted by fire.

The family home in Monger St was completely gutted by fire.

The family home in Monger St was completely gutted by fire.